Winter Wellness is a seasonal project focused on supporting Council tenants to keep warm and well during the winter and to reduce social isolation in Camden and Islington. The project aims to take a preventative approach to older peoples’ wellbeing by reducing the harm of cold homes and social isolation during the winter months.
The Winter Wellness Project is delivered across Camden and Islington by Elizabeth House, from October to March. Elizabeth House is a multi-purpose community centre that aims to improve the lives of local residents and connect people together. Through the Winter Wellness Project, Elizabeth House will contact eligible Council tenants aged 65 and over to offer support and referrals to services to help residents:
- Get connected with organisations who will help keep their homes warm and safe.
- Access health services and information, including flu and Covid boosters.
- Learn about and connect with local groups and activities.
- Connect with organisations that can help with practical tasks.
- Obtain small grants for people in difficult circumstances.
- Make referrals to SHINE – Islington Council’s energy service / WISH Plus - Camden Council.
More information about the Winter Wellness project and Elizabeth House is available.
Phone: 020 7690 1300
Leaflet: download now