Skip to main content
Text size:


There are times when older Council tenants find themselves in homes larger than they need, for example when their family has grown up and moved away.  If you require help to move to a smaller home, Camden Housing can support you to downsize to a property that will be more appropriate for your needs and provide financial help for downsizing your home

Camden Housing provides the following support:

  • ensuring you are fully aware of the range of options available, such as bidding, mutual exchange, access to sheltered housing and other retirement housing options as applicable
  • identifying and addressing (through referral and/or signposting) social care and other support needs that you may have
  • providing a timely, comprehensive, and supportive service if they wish to move from a Council tenancy that is larger than they require
  • provide proactive support, for example, identifying suitable homes, bidding for alternative tenancies on your behalf, accompanying you to property viewings, arranging removals, utility reconnections and other activities linked to moving.


Contact the Under Occupation Advisers for more information about downsizing


020 7974 2431 (Christopher Brown)

020 7974 2432 (Amran Ahmed)


Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good