Gas, electricity and water
Are you struggling to pay for gas and electricity?
If you are struggling financially to pay for gas and electricity, contact the Green Doctors to find out about support that is available including a free consultation to help you save money on energy bills and stay out of debt.
Contact the Green Doctors to access support with energy bills
Free energy advice and access to warmth and related servicesFind out more about saving energy and keeping warm and get free advice from the Green Camden helpline.
You can also get access to a range of warmth, income, safety and health services through the WISH Plus referral hub. Below is just some of the services available:
- well and warm home energy efficiency improvements
- telephone energy advice
- money management, including budgeting and debt advice
- a range of health and wellbeing advice including quitting smoking, mental health, help for people at risk of losing their tenancy
- and many more
Find out more about WISH Plus and get access to warmth, income, safety and health & wellbeing services
Refer yourself to WISH Plus: https://camden.partnerlogin.org/external/webforms/8
Refer someone else to WISH Plus: https://camden.partnerlogin.org/external/webforms/9
Get in contact with Green Green for free advice and tips to help you keep well and warm in your home.
Freephone: 0800 801 738 (Mon – Fri, 9am to 5pm)
Support available from energy providers for vulnerable people Measures have been put in place with energy providers to support vulnerable people through COVID-19. Proposals will make sure vulnerable customers who may fall into debt remain supplied with energy while in self-isolation. These options are:
If you have a gas and electricity prepayment meter, you can:
- request a discretionary fund to be added to your credit or it can be sent a pre-loaded top up card so that your supply is not interrupted. Please phone the relevant energy supplier. The telephone numbers are below.
- nominate a trusted third party to be able to collect discretionary credit sent to a shop on your behalf
- request your smart prepayment meter be switched into credit mode. Customers need to be aware that any credit has to be paid back
It is vital that customers contact their energy supplier to ensure the supplier is aware of the situation.
Gas and electricity credit meter
If you have a gas and electricity credit meter and pay monthly or quarterly for your energy you will be supported by your supplier through the following options:
- no disconnection of credit meters
- debt repayments and bill payments can be reassessed, reduced or paused if necessary
Gas and electricity suppliersBelow is a list of some gas and electricity suppliers and their contact details
British gas - telephone 0333 202 9802
e.on - website https://www.eonenergy.com/contact.html
N Power -telephone 0800 073 3000
Scottish Power - telephone 0800 027 0072
SSE - telephone 0345 026 2658
Thames water provide a useful help and advice page in response to COVID-19, in regard to bill payments to registering vulnerable customers on the priority register and how best to contact them during this difficult time. The page will be updated regularly. Vulnerable residents can register onto the priority service.