HIV and AIDS
If you are living with HIV/AIDS, there are a number of services available to provide help and support.
Camden Council maintains a directory of services available for people living with HIV/AIDS which can be viewed via the following link: Contacts for HIV and AIDS support
Diagnosis and help
- As a first step, we recommend that you speak to your GP.
- Confidential and free HIV testing is offered at all Genito Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinics in London.
- In Camden, HIV testing and counselling services are available at Mortimer Market Centre and Royal Free Hospital Marlborough Clinic.
- For appointments and further information on confidential HIV testing, please contact the Mortimer Market Centre and the Royal Free Hospital Marlborough Clinic
For information, advice, guidance and support you can contact one of the following commissioned support organisations who will be able to help.
- Citizens Advice Camden HIV Advice Service- Provides free and confidential advice, information and casework service to people affected by HIV/AIDS. Advice provided on welfare benefits, debt management, housing, community care, employment, immigration and other issues.
- Body and Soul – Provides peer support groups and information workshops for children, teenagers and adults living with or affected by HIV.
- Living Well - Provides a range of services for anyone living with HIV including: self-management peer support programme, counselling, 1:1 life coaching, group motivational coaching, HIV counselling, complementary therapies and skill building.
- Positively UK - Provides peer-led support, mentoring, advocacy and information to women, men and young people living with HIV to manage any aspect of their diagnosis, care and managing life with HIV.