Reporting abuse

If you are concerned that someone is being abused or neglected, or is at risk of abuse or neglect, please tell someone.

If someone is injured or in immediate danger please dial 999.

If you have concerns that someone you know is being abused or may be at risk of harm, you can contact the adult social care Access and Response team or Camden Police Community Safety Unit. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can also contact us via the Texmee app that can be downloaded from Google Playstore . 

If you are worried about potential abuse in a care home or hospital or other regulated setting, you can report your concerns about care to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) directly.  Older people can also contact The Silver Line - a national, free and confidential helpline that offers support to older people suffering abuse and neglect. 

Health and social care staff who are worried about contacting Camden Council or the CQC directly about institutional abuse concerns, can pass on their suspicions by contacting the Whistleblowing Helpline

What will happen if I report abuse?

  • The first thing we will do is to contact the person being abused. We will work with them to investigate the allegations and to make any decisions.
  • Camden adult social care and partner organisations will work together with the person being abused to put in place a protection plan to help them stop the abuse.
  • We will provide help and advice on how the person being abused can keep safe and prevent abuse from happening again.
  • Where abuse is definitely a criminal activity, the police may take legal action against the abuser.


More Information

For advice or more information, you can call the adult social care Access and Response team on 020 7974 4000 (option 1) or you can contact the Camden Police Community Safety Unit on 020 8733 6443.   You can also read useful publications and information on keeping safe.

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good