If you care for someone who cannot look after themselves without your support, you may be worried about what would happen if you were suddenly unable to help them.
Carers emergency card scheme?
Careline Telecare offer a special service for carers – people who look after a friend or relative in Camden and are not paid for doing this. Carers carry our ‘carer’s card’ and this is a nationally recognised scheme. The card is printed with a message saying that someone depends on the person carrying the card for support. If you are suddenly taken ill or in an accident, whoever reads the card can call Careline Telecare and we can contact the people who have been nominated by you to help. This ensures that the person you care for gets help.
For more information read the Carers emergency card leaflet
What are the benefits to the carer?
- Carers are given 24 hours a day emergency cover
- Carers have peace of mind if something happens to them and stops them getting back home
- Carers feel less anxious about going out and have more freedom
- The Carer does not have to live in Camden
- The scheme is free to join
How do I join?
- To join the scheme you can complete an online Careline Telecare enquiry form, or contact Careline by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7974 1491.
- If you would like to talk to someone about planning for future emergencies then you can contact Camden Carers Centre.
GPs, NHS and Emergency Services
- Always keep the phone number for your local GP handy.
- If you need to see a GP urgently when your surgery is closed, you can call the out of hours service, on 020 7388 5800. They will take your details and a GP will phone you back to discuss your symptoms.
- For non-urgent issues, you can call 111.
- In an emergency ring 999 for immediate help from the ambulance, fire or police.
- The emergencySMS service lets deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service by registering their mobile phone.
Adult Social Care
- In an emergency out of normal office hours contact the out of hours service on 0207 974 4444. A social worker will speak to you over the phone to assess the situation and help you to make emergency cover arrangements.