Types of care and support available

The care and support you might need could be help in your own home or in the local community so that you can live independently and remain at home for as long as possible. This could also include getting support from a care worker or personal assistant, equipment to help you manage around the home, short term care following an accident, illness or social activities that you could participate in within your own community.

There are also a number of housing options available which can support you to live independently in accommodation that suits you better, including sheltered housing or extra care housing. For further information about other accommodation options please visit the Care homes and housing options section of this website.

However if you are finding it increasingly difficult to live at home it may be that moving into a care home could be appropriate. There are a number of care homes in Camden providing residential care or nursing care however please be aware that residential care homes and nursing homes are often both called care homes but there are differences in what they provide.

For more information on the types of care and support available please browse the following sections: 

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good