Paying for Care and Assessment & Referral

Paying for Care

Social care is not free to everyone. If you have eligible needs you may be able to get help towards the cost of your care. How much you have to pay will depend on your capital (such as savings, investments, and sometimes your home); and your weekly income (including pensions and benefits).

If you have more than £23,250 in capital you are unlikely to be eligible for any funding assistance from Camden. Even if you have more than £23,250 in capital, you can still ask for an assessment of your needs. If you have eligible care needs, we may still be able to arrange care for you. If this is care in your own home, we will charge an administration fee for doing this (this fee is only if you are paying the full cost yourself).

More information about financial assessments and what you may have to pay can be found on our Paying for Care pages.

Self Assessment Form

Under the Care Act you are entitled to an assessment of your care needs and may in some circumstances be eligible for support from the Council.  Why not try our self-assessment form to find out more.

Professional Referral Form



This form is for professionals to refer people to Adult social care services.