Skip to main content
Text size:

Direct payments and Personal Assistants

If you currently receive a direct payment and employ your own personal assistant, a downloadable factsheet produced by Camden Council, updated on 16 December, contains useful information about what to do during the coronavirus pandemic.  If you are new to direct payments and would like to find out more about it, visit the What is a direct payment? page.

People who employ their own PA may be especially worried about coronavirus. Support is available from Personalisation Support in Camden (PSIC) who are continuing to deliver their services.

Contact Personalisation Support in Camden (PSIC) for information and advice about using direct payments

Telephone: 020 7383 4901 (option 1)



You can also contact Adult Social Care Access and Response Team and they will respond as quickly as possible to enquiries

Telephone: 020 7974 4000 (option 1)


While many of the Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted, everybody needs to continue to be cautious and act carefully.

If you are a care staff or personal assistant who provides care to people with learning disabilities and autistic people, there is guidance available to help keep yourself and them safe.

The guidance supports care staff to:

  • keep people with learning disabilities and autistic people safe, such as continuing to maintain good hygiene, and what to do if you or the person being cared for has symptoms of Covid-19
  • support the people you care for to understand the changes they need to make during the Covid-19 outbreak
  • maintain their own wellbeing.

PAs who are not employed by an agency and PPE

General information is available on the Personal Protective Equipment page.

Camden Council have produced an information sheet about PPE for PAs who are not employed through an agency.

If you are a PA who is not employed by an agency and you have difficulty sourcing PPE, contact PPE will need to be picked up from the Council Offices or, if that is not possible, delivery can be arranged.

PAs employed via an agency and PPE

If a PA is employed via an agency it is the agency's responsibility for providing the PPE. Your home care agency will be able to order PPE through the PPE portal. However, any concerns remaining unresolved should be raised using this email address

Further information

Skills for Care provide information and support for people who work in the adult social care sector. 


Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good