Supported living and care settings
Supported living and care settings now have strict guidance in place in order to protect residents, staff and visitors from coronavirus.
Each setting will have its own statement regarding visitors. Family and friends should contact the home directly for information about this.
Contact can be maintained by telephone, by writing letters and cards and by using technology such as tablets, computers and phones wherever possible.
If visits are permitted then visitors are advised to adhere to downloadable guidance on Cleaning Techniques from the NHS and follow any specific guidance issued by the home before the visit.
Camden and Islington Public Health have produced guidance for staff working in care settings. The guidance covers:
- what to do if a member of staff is concerned that they may have Covid-19
- what to do if a resident or someone in supported living has symptoms associated with Covid-19
- wteps to take to reduce the risk of transmission
- recommended PPE for community care
- best practice for hand wash, hand rub and management of blood and body fluid spillages
- information on how Covid-19 is transmitted
To find out more about the current position being taken regarding visitors please contact the home.