Camden and Islington Foundation Trust
Camden and Islington Foundation Trust provides a specialist service for those aged 18 and over, supporting people who misuse both illegal and prescribed drugs. It operates from two sites in the north and south of the borough.
- Blood-borne viruses (BBVs) - Both services provide referral for vaccination against Hepatitis B as well as screening and advice on how to reduce the risk of contracting HIV, Hepatitis B and C.
- Prescribing - A range of prescribing interventions is available including maintenance, stabilisation and detoxification withdrawal from opiate dependency.
- Abstinence based services - Referrals to care managers or access to structured programmes that support abstinence and recovery.
Change Grow Live - 184 and DAIS
Change Grow Live was formerly called Crime Reduction Initiatives (CRI) and runs two services in Camden,184 and DAIS, both of which provide a specialist drug service for those aged 18 and over, supporting people who misuse drugs.
The two services offer a range of groups and interventions including:
- one to one key work
- support and counselling
- cannabis cessation
- stimulant group
SHP - aftercare and social inclusion service and structured day programme
SHP provides a Recovery and Inclusion service for individuals who have left drug or alcohol treatment, stabilised in drug or alcohol treatment and/or are in the homeless hostel pathway. Individuals receive tailored support to help them access education, employment, training and volunteering programmes.
Cranstoun City Roads
City Roads is a crisis inpatient unit for those aged 18 and over and provides a specialist residential service for people in crisis related to their drug use. It is a place of safety for those whose lives are in danger of spiralling out of control and are at risk.
Mind in Camden - REST (Recovery experience from sleeping pills and tranquilisers)
REST supports adults who are experiencing, or have experienced, difficulties due to taking Benzodiazepines tranquilisers, sleeping pills or other drugs with similar actions. The service is user-centred and the range of support on offer includes an advice and information helpline, advocacy, support group and counselling.
Change Grow Live - Some space (Families and carers service)
Some Space supports anyone affected by someone else's drug or alcohol use. The services on offer include:
- information and advice - Some space will help individuals to understand better the effects of drug and alcohol misuse. The service will direct families and carers to available help for them and for the person they care for.
- individual support - The service offers support ranging from one-off meetings to short term counselling. The sessions can help individuals to explore concerns and to find ways to deal with them.
- support group - A confidential and supportive group enabling individuals to share their experience with others or just listen and relax.
To find more drug support providers visit Find services.