Telecare or assistive technology gives you more choice and control over how you live by offering a range of services to get help in an emergency at home
If you would like to talk with someone, phone Careline Telecare for more information about telecare sensors and charges; some of them may be free.
Careline Telecare systems work using your home telephone line which we install for you. When you need help you push a special button and the system connects you to an operator in our control centre who can help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Often, the telecare system will show what sort of help you need, and make sure you get it. The system may be triggered when you press the button, or by a telecare sensor.
Careline Telecare can help in many ways:
- making it easy for you to stay in control of your life, by ensuring that you are safe
- installing telecare sensors so that you get help quickly when you need it
- avoiding a situation where you have to go into hospital or residential care
- protecting people who are experiencing harassment or domestic violence
- keeping you safe from bogus callers
- supporting your carers and helping them to ensure that you are safe
Who can get Careline Telecare?
- The service is available to anyone over the age of 18 with illness, sight or hearing loss or a physical or learning disability.
- It is also useful for people in the early stages of dementia, at high risk of falling or having just come out of hospital.
- It is of particular value to those living alone who wish to remain living independently in their own home.
Gold and Silver levels of service
Gold full emergency service:
- You give Careline Telecare a set of keys to your home.
- In an emergency, our staff can use the keys to get into your home and help you straight away. Your keys are held securely stored at the Careline Telecare control centre and can only be identified by our staff.
- We give you a special button to wear, on your wrist or as a pendant, and you press the button if you need help.
- The Gold full emergency call out costs £5.54 per weeks,
The Silver monitoring service:
- You provide Careline Telecare with the names and telephone numbers of three relatives, friends or neighbours who are willing to help you at any time of the day or night.
- You need to give them a set of keys to your home.
- If you press your Careline Telecare button, we will alert your contacts to tell them you need help.
- The Silver monitoring service costs £4.54 per week,
The system that people who live in sheltered accommodation use works in a different way so that the accommodation scheme manager can deal with alerts in the first instance.
The Careline Telecare carers' emergency card
We offer a special service for carers – people who look after a friend or relative and are not paid for doing this. For further information visit Emergency help.
How do I get Careline Telecare?
- For more information you can complete an online Careline Telecare enquiry form
- You can contact Careline to arrange the gold and silver services. You can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7974 1491 (option 4).
- If you need Additional telecare sensors then you will need to contact the Access & Response team to request an assessment. You can call them on 020 7974 4000 (option 1).